Bubble Soccer Games
Sharks and Minnows
Start by having 1 player stand in the middle of the gym or field who will be nominated as the ‘Shark’. Next, have the rest of the players (‘minnows’) stand on one side of the field. The object of the game is for the “minnows” to get across the gym without getting caught by the sharks. If a minnow is caught, then it becomes a shark.
One person is “it,” and his/her job is to tag someone else. When you are touched by the person who is “it,” you immediately become “it.” Now, it’s your job to tag someone else. The game usually continues until everyone decides to stop, or until a predetermined number of people have become “it.”
1. Figure out who’s running during each part of the relay.
2. Warm up and stretch if you haven’t already.
3. Go to the part of the track where you will begin your leg of the relay.
4. If you are starting the relay, simply relax and wait for the gun to go off.
The chairs are set up in two rows back to back (one chair less than the number of players). The music is turned on, and the players walk around the chairs. When the music stops the players race to sit in the available chairs. The player left standing is taken out of the game.
Capture the Flag
In order to win the game, you must capture the other team’s flag (duh!) and bring it back to your own territory. But if an enemy team member grabs you while you’re standing on their part of the field, they are allowed to take you straight to jail (which is a small patch of land in their territory)
BUBBLE SOCCER RULES
Contact can occur as a Consequence to play – but can not be the primary intent of the game.
Keep the playing areas clearly marked by boundaries
Select flat and safe playing areas that are free of obstacles, pillars, trees, stumps, rocks, and roots. Only one person in a ball at a time, and no rolling down hills while wearing a ball. Alcohol and drugs are also prohibited. Our goal to make sure that participants are being kept safe while having fun and assisting you in growing the
Mandatory Protocols for Knockerball
1. It is understood that only persons who have signed a full waiver of liability/assumption of risk form may use the equipment or participate. THIS INCLUDES ANY EMPLOYEE OR VOLUNTEER PARTICIPATING DURING OR AFTER HOURS. Minors MUST have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Waivers must state explicitly:
a) There are inherent risks
b) Management assumes no responsibility for
c) Participant maintains sufficient insurance or resources for the treatment of any injury.
d) Do not participate if you have a pre-existing injury or condition that prevents safe play or is
at risk of re-occurrence during play.
e) Participant assumes responsibility for any damage or injury to others caused by his or her
failure to follow rules or instructions
2. It is understood that the use of the equipment shall be limited to a designated area, which shall be inspected prior to each use for holes, tripping hazards, wet/slippery areas, etc.
3. It is understood that the entrance to the use area shall have conspicuous signage stating that there are inherent dangers, all participants do so at their own risk, and all participants assume liability for any willful violations of rules or instructions.
4. It is understood that the use of the equipment is for organized “games” only. “Free Play” is prohibited. “Games” shall not include animals or vehicles of any kind, deliberately placed hazards, jumps, trampolines, etc.
5. All “games” should be played on Flat Ground. (no rolling down hills)
6. All “games” shall be proctored by properly trained staff. Inappropriate match-ups (in terms of size, age, etc.) will be avoided.
7. All manufacturer instructions for the equipment shall be noted, reviewed with all staff, and adhered to.
8. It is agreed that this coverage is not workers compensation. Employees and/or volunteers are not covered for their injuries.
9. Use of Drugs and Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
THE UNDERSIGNED AGREES THAT THE ABOVE IS REASONABLE AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ABOVE IS CONSIDERED TO BE PART OF THE POLICY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE SHALL BE GROUNDS FOR A DENIAL OF COVERAGE.